You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I embed a live webpage into a Keynote 11.1 presentation?

I am putting together a presentation and I need to display a 'live' webpage but I want it to be embedded into the slide (so I don't have to click on a link) I was able to do this in Power Point using an Add In called Live Web.

I am using Keynote version 11.1 and I cannot find a function that will let me do this. I have tried searching online and it seems that in older versions of Keynote there was a fuction under 'Insert' called 'Web View' but this is no longer present.

Any suggestions welcome!

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:23 AM

Keynote does not embed live video, it uses a hyperlink to the video's web address to play the web video.

When presenting, the Mac requires a working internet connection.

It only accommodates video from Youtube and Vimeo.

1. In Safari, go to Youtube or Vimeo and display the required video.
  2. right click on the video and select: Copy Video URL
  3. In Keynote, go to: Insert > Web Video
  4. in the text entry box, enter the URL of the video by right clicking and select Copy, then click the Insert button.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2021 10:23 AM in response to Ostriche1

Keynote does not embed live video, it uses a hyperlink to the video's web address to play the web video.

When presenting, the Mac requires a working internet connection.

It only accommodates video from Youtube and Vimeo.

1. In Safari, go to Youtube or Vimeo and display the required video.
  2. right click on the video and select: Copy Video URL
  3. In Keynote, go to: Insert > Web Video
  4. in the text entry box, enter the URL of the video by right clicking and select Copy, then click the Insert button.

How do I embed a live webpage into a Keynote 11.1 presentation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.