You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Update my Apple Watch won’t pair with iPhone

My Apple Watch 6 was working fine but I kept getting the update notification, so did it. After the update, it forced me to unpair and now won’t pair again. I’ve tried a variety of things and it still won’t connect. Can someone help??

Steps I’ve tried:

Started by doing the regular pairing - animation came up, it scanned in the iPhone Watch app. Then when I tried to continue, it said I needed to update. I pressed ‘update’ (in the Watch app) and it popped up saying I had to go to appleid.apple.com and change my password. I did. I then tried process again, and got the same pop-up.

I restarted both my iPhone 11 and Watch. This time, the pairing animation won’t even show, neither does the “i” to do it manually. It just shows the starter screen* and if I click the Watch button it says “please continue set-up on iPhone”. But obviously, without the animation or “i” it can’t even acknowledge the watch.

Both devices are fully charged. Phone is connected to wifi and Bluetooth.

*Starter screen appearance: small Apple, surrounded by a network circle, and around the circle it says ‘38mm Aluminium case . Designed by Apple in California’

Apple Watch Series 3, 6

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 7:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 7:24 PM

See all the replies to:

My Apple Watch Series 3 is not updating t… - Apple Community

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

After Update my Apple Watch won’t pair with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.