You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail server

I can't receive Hotmail emails on iPhone but can on my iPad. 

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 8:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 8:17 PM

You are going to want to make sure the settings are correct on both the iPhone and the iPad. If everything looks good and you still can't figure it out, you are going to want to get in touch with Hotmail as they are the ones that will be able to help you figure out why it is that you aren't able to receive on one of your devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2021 8:17 PM in response to Misty-Latka

You are going to want to make sure the settings are correct on both the iPhone and the iPad. If everything looks good and you still can't figure it out, you are going to want to get in touch with Hotmail as they are the ones that will be able to help you figure out why it is that you aren't able to receive on one of your devices.

Jun 18, 2021 8:18 PM in response to Misty-Latka

Misty-Latka Said:

"Mail server: I can't receive Hotmail emails on iPhone but can on my iPad."

-------

Use a New App Password for Outlook.com:

Sometimes, changes are made to your device, and then you need to get a new App Password(something commonly seen after updates). So, use a new App Password.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. Click: User Name(Top-Right)
  2. Click: View Account (Second Option Down)
  3. Click: Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. Click: More Security Options (Far-Right)
  5. Click: App Passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Click: Create a new app password
  7. Click: Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

Note:

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Mail server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.