You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

background noise at beginning of every clip with noise reduction feature of iMovie

I use the background noise reduction feature of iMovie, but when I edit clips, during transitions the background noise becomes louder. It seems like at the begining of every clip the noise level is high for a few seconds. How do I make it so there isn't increased background noise during transitions?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 1:12 PM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2021 1:06 PM in response to roseingarden

Without hands-on with your computer I can't tell what is causing the issue.

I am assuming that the audio is embedded in the video clip?

If so, do a Modify/Detach audio, and then apply the noise reduction to the audio clips.

Or, you could skip the transitions. Put the video clips in the upper timeline above a black background and use the fade handles that appear in the upper corners of the clip when you put your cursor on the clip. The fades will be a transition of sorts. Hold down the Option key to operate the fade handles independently.

-- Rich

background noise at beginning of every clip with noise reduction feature of iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.