You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screenshot location solved but screenshot options trouble iMac Big Sur

After installing BigSur on my iMac, my screenshot were no longer going to the folder that I'd assigned in prior OS (I'd used terminal to assign a new folder for all my screenshots).

I could not find them using search in finder.

A minute after a screenshot, though, MAIL would open. I'm like, WTF?

Turns out I'd used QT screencapture and set output to EMAIL in an effort to shrink an otherwise large video file (that didn't work well, btw).

If you set output for a QuickTime screen recording, that becomes your new screenshot location!

BigSur did NOT provide me with the screenshot app in my apps folder but I found I could CMD+Shift+4 and get the SAME dropdown and grey screen with a screen shot area, which provided options to re-set screen shot location. THat's great. I now have my screenshots.

BUT

Now, the options do not appear and CMD+Shift+4 snf VMF+Shift+4 do the same thing, no dialog box, no drop downs, no options.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Use Command-Shift-5 to open the Screen Shots application. Click the Options menu to select the destination.

Similar questions

1 reply

screenshot location solved but screenshot options trouble iMac Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.