You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to successfully sync my SiriusXM app with CarPlay? I purchased a Mazda CX-30, and no way to send the SiriusXM signal to the receiver my only option is CarPlay, I can't change SiriusXM channels from steering column

Is there a way to successfully sync my SiriusXM app with CarPlay? I purchased a Mazda CX-30, and no way to send the SiriusXM signal to the receiver my only option is CarPlay, I can't change SiriusXM channels from steering column. I have to wait until I get to a stoplight to change channels in my SiriusXM favorites.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? The Mazda Connect and dealership place the load of this limitation onto Apple.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 8:17 AM

Guess where the firmware updates for CarPlay come from — Apple -> Mazda, so Mazda dealership still has some responsibility to update CarPlay firmware in their vehicles when updates are available.

Provided you are running released iOS 14.6 on your iPhone 12, and the SiriusXM app is current, then you need to contact the SiriusXM application developer and run this scenario through them too.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2021 8:17 AM in response to alizoom1

Guess where the firmware updates for CarPlay come from — Apple -> Mazda, so Mazda dealership still has some responsibility to update CarPlay firmware in their vehicles when updates are available.

Provided you are running released iOS 14.6 on your iPhone 12, and the SiriusXM app is current, then you need to contact the SiriusXM application developer and run this scenario through them too.

Is there a way to successfully sync my SiriusXM app with CarPlay? I purchased a Mazda CX-30, and no way to send the SiriusXM signal to the receiver my only option is CarPlay, I can't change SiriusXM channels from steering column

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.