You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages is Hiding All of My Text

I was editing a document that I had previously copy & pasted from a Word document. All I remember was trying to hit back space in order align a certain text, but it didn't, so I pressed several more times & that's when it happened. All of my work seemed to get erased. I clicked undo, which made it reappear, I kept typing, but had to hit backspace again. When I did that, everything erased again. I hot undo one more time. This time, just by typing all my text erased. I hightailed the text and apparently, it's still there just hidden. Now every time I open ANY Pages document or template, all of the text is hidden. What happened & how can I fix this?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 1:02 PM

Have you tried the unexciting but often surprisingly effective troubleshooting steps such as restarting your Mac, testing if the behavior occurs in other Pages documents, signing in under another user account, uninstalling Pages and re-downloading it from the Mac App Store, etc. ?

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2021 1:02 PM in response to rb26dett

Have you tried the unexciting but often surprisingly effective troubleshooting steps such as restarting your Mac, testing if the behavior occurs in other Pages documents, signing in under another user account, uninstalling Pages and re-downloading it from the Mac App Store, etc. ?

SG

Pages is Hiding All of My Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.