You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t text one person in my contacts

What can I change to be able to text my wife? I get texts from her, but she does not receive mine.

Yes, I can text other people and appear!

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 7:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 1:27 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Textchalanged,

Thank you for contacting us regarding text messaging. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly,  you are unable to text everyone but your wife, but she can text you. We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, make sure you have the most current Operating System on your device (Settings > General > Software Update). Make sure you are signed into Messages with your Apple ID and phone number. (Settings > Messages > Send & Receive) Send as SMS is a good one to have enabled too.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if this resolves it, or if we need to further assist.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2021 1:27 PM in response to Textchalanged

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Textchalanged,

Thank you for contacting us regarding text messaging. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly,  you are unable to text everyone but your wife, but she can text you. We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, make sure you have the most current Operating System on your device (Settings > General > Software Update). Make sure you are signed into Messages with your Apple ID and phone number. (Settings > Messages > Send & Receive) Send as SMS is a good one to have enabled too.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if this resolves it, or if we need to further assist.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Can’t text one person in my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.