You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A virus in my iPhone can read my banking app?

If a virus is in my iPhone, can it will get information from my banking app when I’m using?

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 6:19 AM

8 replies

Jul 27, 2021 6:50 AM in response to y1y2

y1y2 Said:

"Hi, I just opened an email that was saying there was a class action a company with or against Apple and to respond ......but suddenly the email disappeared and couldn’t find it........so I get worried.......I just read it only"

-------

It's a scam. Being that Apple is reportedly involved, forward it to Apple at reportphishing@apple.com. Did you reply? If not, then you are all set from here. Then, delete the eMail, and remove it from your Trash and Archive folders. If you did reply, then...

Modify your Credentials:

If you are concerned about you account information being compromised, then by all means modify your credentials. You are able to log into these forums just fine. So, log into iCloud, and modify your credentials, starting with a new, strong password and using a new eMail address (for Apple).

Jul 27, 2021 7:43 AM in response to TheLittles

Hi TheLittles, No I did not respond to that email......I just read it and just alone it disappeared."I do not see it in the inbox.It is easy to change my password for this email that I have that I got this “crazy email” but ny email is the same email I’m registered with apple for all my devices that I have....... this is Apple knows me....can I change that with apple.....won’t confuse the situation? Starting using a new email address with Apple?.......should I delete for ever my recent email address? I m using a different emai address fir my banking app.....if this “scam email” that I just received could read my other banking email address? This scam email...I only read it........not reply.... not click in anything.

Jul 27, 2021 8:22 AM in response to y1y2

y1y2 Said:

"Hi TheLittles, No I did not respond to that email......I just read it and just alone it disappeared[...]"

-------

Managing Passwords:

With unexpected changes, someone may have you password, through a full-assumption, on my part. So, change your eMail account's password. Also, ask your eMail provider if they offer the service of an App Password. For example, here is how App Passwords are used for Gmail: Sign in using app passwords - Gmail Help

Jul 27, 2021 11:15 PM in response to TheLittles

Hi, I read it using app passwords on Gmail Help ...but the email I’m using for email..and registed my devices with Apple Store is with yahoo....can J connect it with Gmail service ? When I started using email...... AOL and Yahoo were the big guys then... My account with Apple is the yahoo...... email, I don’t know if it is easy to change that now.

A virus in my iPhone can read my banking app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.