You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Magic Keyboard (for 2nd gen of 11 Pro) work for the 2021 Pro / Air 4?

So I'm a bit confused at this moment. Just found that the Magic Keyboard for the 2nd generation of iPad Pro (might be a misspelling?) for a reaaaally cheap price, and I want to buy it for my girlfriend who has an iPad Air 4 and who would probably update to a M1 Pro sometime in the future.

But on the official distributor of Apple products in my country, the Magic Keyboard for the 3rd gen of Pro is compatible with Air 4.

Isn't the Air 4 the same size as the Pro 2020 who is the 2nd gen of 11? Or am I missing something?

Also, would the case work on the new pro 2021?

Thanks!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 2:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2021 7:03 AM in response to ddiaconu21

The older magic keyboard for an 11 inch screen iPad Pro will work for the newest model 11 inch screen iPad Pro models AND the 2020 iPad Air 4.

Apple made NO external changes to thise models and the 2020 iPad Air 4 shares the same design chassis design as all the current 11 inch screen iPad Pro models.

ONLY the black screen bezels on the 2020 iPad Air 4 are a little thicker.

Best of Luck to You!

Does the Magic Keyboard (for 2nd gen of 11 Pro) work for the 2021 Pro / Air 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.