You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

August 2020 iMac 27-inch slow - EtreCheck report attached

I've been having a lot of problems with my machine. Screenshots below of system details and activity monitor below. I mostly use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as Safari, Apple mail & messages.  

I'm maxed out on 3rd party RAM (OWC) but my performance has been super sluggish almost from the start. Now it's even more sluggish -- delays when I move cursor in Adobe programs, lots of delays in rendering within Adobe programs, and big lag when I type in all programs. Even when I close all the programs and restart, all the slowness persists.

I ran Etrecheck and report is attached. I'm not technically savvy, and wondering if anyone can point me to the issue(s)? 

(Also, yes, I know I don't have Time Machine running -- I had some problems with external hard drive, which I'm currently replacing so I can restart that process.)

Thank you so much.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 11:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 11:28 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Your system is in good shape, except for this:

2021-07-29 12:08:00 CalNCService Crash (97 times)

Executable: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CalendarNotification.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/CalNCService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/CalNCService

As a test, disable Calendar accounts.

Also, as another test, can you install the Apple RAM and see if performance improves?

Jack

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2021 11:28 AM in response to amvent

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Your system is in good shape, except for this:

2021-07-29 12:08:00 CalNCService Crash (97 times)

Executable: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CalendarNotification.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/CalNCService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/CalNCService

As a test, disable Calendar accounts.

Also, as another test, can you install the Apple RAM and see if performance improves?

Jack

August 2020 iMac 27-inch slow - EtreCheck report attached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.