You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

close photo pop-up?

I clicked to open a photo in a text message on my MacBook pro, and now I can't close or minimize the pop-up window the picture is in. How do I close or get rid of the pop-up?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 5:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 9:52 PM

Sorry, I misread your question.

That sounds like it may have opened a Quick Look window. The close button is in the top left but depending on size can not seem like a close button. View and edit files with Quick Look on Mac - Apple Support

If Quick Look opened the photo then stopped responding I think restarting your MacBook Pro may be the only way to get rid of it, since its not an app that you would be able to see in Force Quit.

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2021 9:52 PM in response to maxstone11

Sorry, I misread your question.

That sounds like it may have opened a Quick Look window. The close button is in the top left but depending on size can not seem like a close button. View and edit files with Quick Look on Mac - Apple Support

If Quick Look opened the photo then stopped responding I think restarting your MacBook Pro may be the only way to get rid of it, since its not an app that you would be able to see in Force Quit.

[Edited by Moderator]

close photo pop-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.