You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac min can't find my mouse in monitor hub

my monitor is BenQ it support USB Hub function , I was put my keyboard and logitec mouse , everything was fine, and one day , I am mandatory shutdown when everything still working and normal because some stupid reason (I close my Bluetooth speaker and I forgot the YouTube video still play ,and it make some embarrassment noise from Mac mini very loud , omg ~) , then after that day , when Mac mini is sleep, I try to wake up it, but keyboard and mouse didn't work(It was put on monitor hub), so I mandatory shutdown again , then the mouse is not working anymore on monitor , I try 3 different mouse on the monitor they all can't work , but when I put the mouse on Mac mini USB port , it work , but Mac mini only have 2 USB port , I really want to use monitor hub then I can put my usb hdd on it ,how can fix it , please help me , thank you very much , and have a nice day ~. by jack~

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 4:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 9:23 AM

The M1 Mac Mini supports one display on the HDMI port and one display on a USB-C port.

see > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-mini/connect-a-display-apd8e4fbbb97/mac

The PD2700Q supports HDMI and DisplayPort.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's HDMI port using an HDMI to HDMI cable.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's USB-C port using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2021 9:23 AM in response to 傑16

The M1 Mac Mini supports one display on the HDMI port and one display on a USB-C port.

see > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-mini/connect-a-display-apd8e4fbbb97/mac

The PD2700Q supports HDMI and DisplayPort.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's HDMI port using an HDMI to HDMI cable.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's USB-C port using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

Aug 7, 2021 8:08 AM in response to 傑16

What is the BenQ model number?

Exactly how is the BenQ connected to the Mac Mini?

If the BenQ's USB hub is not working, you can use a USB-A 3.0 Hub plugged into one of the Mac Mini's USB-A ports.

example > https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Individual-Switches-Included-HB-UMP3/dp/B00TPMEOYM/ref=sr_1_10?

Then you can plug your Keyboard, Mouse and External Drive into that Hub instead of the BenQ.

Aug 7, 2021 8:22 AM in response to den.thed

Thank you for reply so quickly , my BenQ monitor model number is PD2700Q 2k display , and I was consider some product can also have DP and VGA port (for my old monitor ), I just curious why it work at first time , then now didn't work, dose I broke my Mac mini, this is my first time use MAC , and I really like it , and thank you for reply , still want to fix it , if it work before, feel little bit sad , ha ha .

Mac min can't find my mouse in monitor hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.