You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Location

I was wondering if I could purchase US apps even if my apple ID is located somewhere else, provided that I'm in the US. I wanted to directly change my apple ID to a US one, but then I would lose access to the family plan. So I was wondering if my apple ID remains in the same international location, would I be able to purchase US apps when I'm physically in the US.

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 7:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 8:05 PM

The ability to purchase depends upon the country to which the ID is set, not so much where you are physically present although there is the line: "Certain Services and Content available to you in your Home Country may not be available to you when traveling outside of your Home Country" in hhttps://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html suggesting there could be restrictions.

Your ID should be set to the country in which you reside.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2021 8:05 PM in response to gadke

The ability to purchase depends upon the country to which the ID is set, not so much where you are physically present although there is the line: "Certain Services and Content available to you in your Home Country may not be available to you when traveling outside of your Home Country" in hhttps://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html suggesting there could be restrictions.

Your ID should be set to the country in which you reside.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Apple ID Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.