You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not functioning on macbook pro M1

Having read through the thread created by users trying to use airplay on their new macbook pro M1 to connect to Sony TVs, I can add to this that I'm facing the same problem, but already for simple audio transfer to an airport express, connected to an amplifier. Airplay connections work perfectly fine with my previous macbooks pro, with my iPhone SE, or iPad mini 5, but no way to get it working from my Macbook pro M1 (Big Sur 11.5.1). It definitely looks like an issue of airplay implementation on the mac, since in the sound preference panel, the airport express is listed underneath the full line, separating active sound systems from sound systems one cannot connect to, because for instance in another location. My airport express is at version 7.8.1, which is also the latest one for this device.

Any idea if apple is still working on a fix?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 8:53 AM

check out this article from apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204291

Similar questions

1 reply

Airplay not functioning on macbook pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.