You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanently Shuffled Playlist

How can I have Apple shuffle a playlist and SAVE it in the new shuffled order? I’m making a playlist for a party but will have to stop the music playlist and play certain songs for karaoke, then I want to go back to the last song that was playing on the original playlist. If I just use the shuffle function it’ll repeat some songs and I don’t want to manually shuffle a playlist because that’s literally going to take forever. Is that my only option?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:07 AM

Thanks for replying. I figured this “problem” out by shuffling my original playlist on my desktop, going into the “up next” list, copying that entire list of songs and placing into a new playlist so now I don’t have to worry if I screw it up by accidentally clearing the “up next” history. Thanks again!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2021 7:07 AM in response to karina184

Thanks for replying. I figured this “problem” out by shuffling my original playlist on my desktop, going into the “up next” list, copying that entire list of songs and placing into a new playlist so now I don’t have to worry if I screw it up by accidentally clearing the “up next” history. Thanks again!

Aug 25, 2021 6:53 AM in response to Courtney_007

Hey Courtney_007,

The only thing that may come close to the feature you are wanting is managing the "Up next" section of your music. This section allows you to create a line-up in realtime of the songs that will be playing next in the shuffle. You can play the playlist in shuffle, play whichever songs you need for karaoke, and resume back into the up next order that is set. It also allows you to look ahead for any songs that may repeat, although it usually does not repeat the songs until others in the playlist have played.

You can find more information in this article: Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device.

Best Wishes.

Permanently Shuffled Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.