You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting a message of being hacked and I have to download an app

It said I have been hacked and I have to download this app and now I’m confused

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:41 PM

Don’t believe everything you read on the web, particularly not if you’re reading web advertisements or pop-up advertisements are using the words “virus” or “hack”.

Far too many if not approximately all of these are false, or misleading, or scams, or unnecessary or privacy-invasive apps…

Same for telephone calls “from Apple”, or SMS or email “alerts”. Approximately all of those are fraudulent.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Here? You need do nothing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2021 5:41 PM in response to kadyn33

Don’t believe everything you read on the web, particularly not if you’re reading web advertisements or pop-up advertisements are using the words “virus” or “hack”.

Far too many if not approximately all of these are false, or misleading, or scams, or unnecessary or privacy-invasive apps…

Same for telephone calls “from Apple”, or SMS or email “alerts”. Approximately all of those are fraudulent.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Here? You need do nothing.

I'm getting a message of being hacked and I have to download an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.