You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and sky mobile

Hi.

thinking of getting an Apple Watch but I also have an IPhone 12 on sky network and im told it doesn't work with this network.

is there anyway I can get a watch but not change my provider.

sorry if this is a stupid question ?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 12:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 1:54 PM

If you want to use the watch cellular feature, make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch MUST use the same carrier.

A GPS only Apple watch can do everything a GPS+Cellular Apple watch can do as long as you are near the paired iPhone. A GPS only version does not require (and will work without) any additional network connections.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2021 1:54 PM in response to Kph103

If you want to use the watch cellular feature, make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch MUST use the same carrier.

A GPS only Apple watch can do everything a GPS+Cellular Apple watch can do as long as you are near the paired iPhone. A GPS only version does not require (and will work without) any additional network connections.

Apple Watch and sky mobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.