You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a phone call about my unusual activity on my Apple account, is it legitimate?

I received a call saying my Apple account having unusual activity how can I verify the call?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 9:46 AM

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - https://support.apple.com/HT204759

If you are uncertain about a message and a resource provided in that message, do not click on any links. Try to independently verify the resource by going to a support page on apple.com and use that to contact Apple.

In this case, Apple won't call you unless you ask them to, so this is almost certainly a phishing call.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2021 9:46 AM in response to Flipper8

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - https://support.apple.com/HT204759

If you are uncertain about a message and a resource provided in that message, do not click on any links. Try to independently verify the resource by going to a support page on apple.com and use that to contact Apple.

In this case, Apple won't call you unless you ask them to, so this is almost certainly a phishing call.

I received a phone call about my unusual activity on my Apple account, is it legitimate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.