You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CDs loaded to iTunes now missing from iTunes

A long time ago I copied many many CDs onto my iTunes Library. The iPod they were on is now broken and cannot be used so I am trying to access that music on an Android phone now. I have loaded Apple Music onto my Android phone and I can see some music, it seems to be music I purchased onto iTunes. I cannot see any of the CD music I saved to iTunes long ago. I then loaded the latest version of iTunes onto my PC Laptop (not Mac or Apple) but again my saved CDs are not appearing on the iTunes Library. How can I get all my music back please? I want to be able to access all my saved CDs from my Android phone, both purchased onto iTunes and saved onto iTunes from CDs.

Thank you

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 4:09 AM

You are meant to keep backups of your media and transfer the library when you get a new computer. Content you rip from CDs isn't "saved" for you later unless you have an ongoing subscription to one of the iTunes Match or Apple Music services. Otherwise signing into your Apple ID will only show your unhidden purchase history. You can rerip your CDs or restore content from any backups, old hard drives, etc. that you may have.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2021 4:09 AM in response to paulfromblackrockdundalk

You are meant to keep backups of your media and transfer the library when you get a new computer. Content you rip from CDs isn't "saved" for you later unless you have an ongoing subscription to one of the iTunes Match or Apple Music services. Otherwise signing into your Apple ID will only show your unhidden purchase history. You can rerip your CDs or restore content from any backups, old hard drives, etc. that you may have.

tt2

CDs loaded to iTunes now missing from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.