You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini issue with setting timers

HomePod mini will not do a timer. When I say hey Siri set a 5 minute timer she replies you already have a timer by that name. She does this for all times I say. I’ve asked Siri to list all my timers and to clear all my timers, she replies to both these requests with you have no timers set. I can’t see the HomePod mini in the Home App but it does control my lamp switch with no issues and plays music just fine.

HomePod mini

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 2:44 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 6, 2021 6:45 PM in response to Kzoojake

Why is your HomePod mini not in the home app? It should be there if you set it up under the Apple ID you’re using for everything. What device are you viewing the Home App on? The mini won’t show up in the Home App on older devices running old software.

It’s better if you can view the home app on a device that is running the latest software so it functions better and you can get at settings. If you are able to update your software on the iOS device you set it up with, that would help you get into HomePod settings.

For now try “ hey Siri, delete all my timers”

If you’re able to get it into the home app on an updated device, you can try restarting it from the home app to address issues.

HomePod mini issue with setting timers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.