You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

im trying to restore a backed up version of my old iphone Xs to my new 11 but i cannot remember my iCloud password. Please Help

My iphone Xs was broken and screen is inoperable. Im trying to Restore a Backed up version onto my new iphone 11, but i cannot remember the Password to my iCloud. What can i do ?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 4:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 6:29 PM

Reset the password -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support or use account recovery -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Unless you set (and saved or remember) a 28 character account recovery code (see -> How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support), the previous two options are your only options.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2021 6:29 PM in response to Lance_TheArchitect

Reset the password -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support or use account recovery -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Unless you set (and saved or remember) a 28 character account recovery code (see -> How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support), the previous two options are your only options.

im trying to restore a backed up version of my old iphone Xs to my new 11 but i cannot remember my iCloud password. Please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.