You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I transfer info from my old iphone or iPad to a new iPhone or iPad - does it wipe out the old devises clean ? So my info is not left in the old devices

If I transfer info from my old iphone or iPad to a new iPhone or iPad - does it wipe out the old devises clean ? So my info is not left in the old devices

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 9:22 AM

No. If you need to wipe the old devices, you need to do so manually. Quick Start will not do anything to the old device's data except copy it from them to the new device.

See here for how to wipe the old device: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2021 9:22 AM in response to Umapatj

No. If you need to wipe the old devices, you need to do so manually. Quick Start will not do anything to the old device's data except copy it from them to the new device.

See here for how to wipe the old device: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.