You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet connectivity problem with MacBook Pro M1 2020

I have a MacBook Pro M1 2020, just purchased a USB-C ethernet adapter, yet cannot connect to my wired network. Has anyone encountered this problem? When I open network settings, ethernet is not even an option on the left, where all other connections are.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 5:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 6:03 PM

depending on interface, you may need to ADD the interface to the list of interfaces

in the list of interfaces (left pane) of

System preferences > Networks

access using the [+] button under the list. Note drop-down list of interfaces that can be added.

Once added you should be able to configure the interface.

In more obtuse cases, you may also need to install a Driver. ¿Does that one promise Mac support with no Drivers?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2021 6:03 PM in response to mpr2

depending on interface, you may need to ADD the interface to the list of interfaces

in the list of interfaces (left pane) of

System preferences > Networks

access using the [+] button under the list. Note drop-down list of interfaces that can be added.

Once added you should be able to configure the interface.

In more obtuse cases, you may also need to install a Driver. ¿Does that one promise Mac support with no Drivers?

Ethernet connectivity problem with MacBook Pro M1 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.