You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app not notifying or updating

Hi, I upgraded to the new iPhone 13 Pro Max and iOS 15 today. I transfer my old phone data to the new one.. everything went well.. all apps installed and looks like all data is good. I noticed however mail, outlook and spark are not notifying of new emails.. in fact they are not updating unless I open the app. Background app updating is enabled, all are set to notify on new emails.. not sure why my email is not working. I uninstalled Spark and reinstalled and didn’t fix it. Not sure why this is not working.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:45 PM

For Mail, try going to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Fetch New Data. It should say Push. When you tap Fetch New Data, make sure Push is enabled. Below that will be settings for Fetch, make sure that’s not set to Manually.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mail app not notifying or updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.