You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6S two phones, one doesn't show Facetime phone icon in contacts, the other does - why?

My husband and I just bought two i-phone 6S. We both want to use calling by wi-fi and Facetime where possible. My contact entry shows the blue Facetime icon, his doesn't. This means he can call me using Facetime calling, but I can't call him. Is there a fix for this? We've tried all the obvious, - restarting, removing Facetime registration and reinstating, but all no good. We are both with Vodafone who won't respond to contact questions by phone or chat.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:39 PM

FaceTime is a built-in app that CAN be deleted. See the 'Restore a built-in app that you deleted' section in:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

and see if that helps. If you can't install it, then it may already be on your iPhone and "hidden" in a folder. Try a "Spotlight" search for it:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2021 2:39 PM in response to ItsMisty

FaceTime is a built-in app that CAN be deleted. See the 'Restore a built-in app that you deleted' section in:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

and see if that helps. If you can't install it, then it may already be on your iPhone and "hidden" in a folder. Try a "Spotlight" search for it:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 26, 2021 2:34 PM in response to ItsMisty

Are you sharing an Apple ID with your husband? If so, stop doing that immediately.

The person acquiring a new Apple ID must thoroughly cleanse her/his iPhone as follows before “moving in” with the new ID.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing is an option.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

iphone 6S two phones, one doesn't show Facetime phone icon in contacts, the other does - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.