You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

language and region time is wrong

Hello!

My Macbook gives a wrong time in 'Language & Region' - when I am in System Preferences. The time in 'Date & Time' is fine. Does anyone know how I can change it?

It's causing websites with a certificate to not work.

Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:46 AM

Those may be manually re-set to correct symptom(s); while cure is another direction.

Perhaps on a wild notion this may be connected to a recent (20 Sept/30 Sept/Oct01)

..Safari 15.0 and Catalina 10.15.7 & Big Sur11.x updates.. Also affect some other versions

old+new macOS. Symptoms include Certificate/Security issues; & slights of hand.

Try a 'non-Safari' browser, helps bank login failures; and other odd glitches. Firefox,

Brave, and other browsers; mostly use a different webkit coding; however most

have to interact with the internet. So their webkit includes the other's bits.

Some 'work-arounds' had been proposed and some tested OK for some users.

Several site online spelled out some story-line and offered suggestions, etc.

One that seemed like it works overall, for affected users: try Firefox &/ non-Safari browsers

ie: Brave & others). ~At least until the other pesky issues get resolved. (Due to my vintage

Mac OS & hardware; Safari browser is way outdated. Two oldest Macs run Firefox ESR 78.x.)

So there are some substantiated temporary answers to some odd happenings; most of

these point back over the shoulder to road detours and construction? Your mileage may

vary; however general the symptoms over-lap. ~ IF you troubleshoot: cause can be related

to recent Safari browser update; could 'be fixed' on your end w/ new Firefox download.

Good luck & happy trails!

🌤🌿🌻🐝⛵️🎣🤖❄️

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2021 5:46 AM in response to geertje81

Those may be manually re-set to correct symptom(s); while cure is another direction.

Perhaps on a wild notion this may be connected to a recent (20 Sept/30 Sept/Oct01)

..Safari 15.0 and Catalina 10.15.7 & Big Sur11.x updates.. Also affect some other versions

old+new macOS. Symptoms include Certificate/Security issues; & slights of hand.

Try a 'non-Safari' browser, helps bank login failures; and other odd glitches. Firefox,

Brave, and other browsers; mostly use a different webkit coding; however most

have to interact with the internet. So their webkit includes the other's bits.

Some 'work-arounds' had been proposed and some tested OK for some users.

Several site online spelled out some story-line and offered suggestions, etc.

One that seemed like it works overall, for affected users: try Firefox &/ non-Safari browsers

ie: Brave & others). ~At least until the other pesky issues get resolved. (Due to my vintage

Mac OS & hardware; Safari browser is way outdated. Two oldest Macs run Firefox ESR 78.x.)

So there are some substantiated temporary answers to some odd happenings; most of

these point back over the shoulder to road detours and construction? Your mileage may

vary; however general the symptoms over-lap. ~ IF you troubleshoot: cause can be related

to recent Safari browser update; could 'be fixed' on your end w/ new Firefox download.

Good luck & happy trails!

🌤🌿🌻🐝⛵️🎣🤖❄️

Oct 4, 2021 1:06 PM in response to geertje81

Most who had discovered [to their discomfort] the certificate/security issue..

And/or had to use the work-around; where those intending to update or

upgrade Catalina &/or Big Sur; seemingly had Safari 15.0, fail to navigate.

While I happened across the scene, and first determined if anyone was injured;

and put their Mac on a stretcher. With alternative Browser, a workable solution

at the time. And did research into that cause; while did not affect my Macs, as

those do not generally run newest build of Safari. By default, Firefox works OK..

Glad to hear you were able to upgrade/update to Big Sur, past the detour

Thanks for the update story!🌻🙂

language and region time is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.