You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro audio output from LG 27MN60T monitor

Hi,

I recently connected my Macbook to the LG 27MN60T monitor (the one from Costco) that has built in speakers but I am unable to get my audio from it. The Macbook doesn't even recognize the LG Monitor as an audio output source. I have looked at the sound setting as well as MIDI but no help. I have connected my Macbook to a USB-C adapter that is plugged to the LG monitor via an HDMI cable.

Can anyone suggest how I can get the sound from this monitor ?

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:12 AM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2021 9:18 AM in response to richa261

Hello richa261,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your external monitor isn't being recognized as an audio output device on your Mac.

Is LG 27" Class FHD IPS FreeSync Monitor | Costco the monitor that you purchased? If so, the tech specs indicate that the monitor does not have built-in speakers here: LG 27” FHD IPS 3-Side Borderless Monitor with Dual HDMI (27MN60T-W) | LG USA

Take care.

Macbook Pro audio output from LG 27MN60T monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.