You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID does not login on mac - no error message

hey all, i'm trying to login to icloud with my apple id on Mac and it doesn't work. No error, no pop up. It just thinks about it for a few seconds, then blanks out my login and password field then i can login again.

Apple ID works on browser and on my other devices. I made sure to update to the latest version of Mac OS. Any troubleshooting ideas? I thought to delete out the entry in keychain but that didn't seem to help unless I did it wrong (?). Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 11:18 AM

Hi jcgonzjr,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with your Apple ID when trying to sign in to iCloud. You should restart your computer and try again. You can also try to Start up your Mac in safe mode and see if the same thing happens. 

Cheers!

1 reply

Apple ID does not login on mac - no error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.