You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi on airplane or hotel

Ever since I upgraded to ios15 I have been unable to utilize / connect to Wi-Fi at hotels or on airplanes. I never had an issue prior to ios15

i have tried turning VPN off, reset reconnect etc..

I have sat next to people on American Irvine’s running previous version with no issue

please help I have tried on iPad gen8 and iPhone 2 pro max

no issue with any PC platforms, surface or laptop

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 7:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 7:54 PM

I connect to Wi-Fi network, then underneath i get no internet connection.

9 replies

Oct 17, 2021 7:42 PM in response to Kbackoehler

Kbackoehler Said:

"WiFi on airplane or hotel"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

Other Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Safari is slow, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Oct 17, 2021 7:58 PM in response to Kbackoehler

Most hotel and airline wi-fi are captive networks and require a login. See this support document for assistance with that. Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Some airlines also require that you use their app and it will install a profile to use their wi-fi. Your use of a VPN can also complicate the issue.

EDIT: See this link from American Airlines for assistance, https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/experience/entertainment/wi-fi-and-connectivity.jsp or you can speak with the flight attendant staff.

Oct 17, 2021 8:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes I can access hotels with my PC that way, but ever since upgrade to ios15 can’t get the Wi-Fi to keep internet connection while on Wi-Fi to sign in. On airplane info through AA app and still get “no internet connection” with both iPhone and iPad running ios15.2

restarted - disconnected etc…

what should all my settings be - maybe I go through one by one to double check them all

Oct 17, 2021 8:15 PM in response to Kbackoehler

Kbackoehler Said:

"WiFi on airplane or hotel: Yes and you are correct not very helpful especially since people not running ios15 near me had no issues trying to understand what changed and over my last 5 flights have tried every fix that has been recommended still frustrated - thankfully PC not issues"

-------

What would the Stewardess Know? It's one of those Go Figure kinda things.

WiFi on airplane or hotel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.