You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared albums

I put each photo into the shared album in the order I wanted it to be seen. The photos are showing in the album in the exact REVERSE order -ie the last one shows first , then the next to the last, etc.

Is this normal?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 11:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 12:57 AM

I have the same - I added photos one by one into Shared Album:

As Old Toad mentioned, I can sort them in my local shared album with the View ➙ Sort menu and selecting "Keep Sorted By Newest Date Added" and all photos are in the correct order: the first photo I added is in the top of the album, the last photo I added is in the bottom of the album.

But in online sharing link the photos are in reverse order.

So, I used "workaround" - I started adding photos to shared album in opposite order.

For now, I have shared albums with not so many photos and no idea what to do if I want to share albums with hundreds of photos... Manually adding photos one by one is not exactly how I prefer spending my time :)

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2021 12:57 AM in response to marielane

I have the same - I added photos one by one into Shared Album:

As Old Toad mentioned, I can sort them in my local shared album with the View ➙ Sort menu and selecting "Keep Sorted By Newest Date Added" and all photos are in the correct order: the first photo I added is in the top of the album, the last photo I added is in the bottom of the album.

But in online sharing link the photos are in reverse order.

So, I used "workaround" - I started adding photos to shared album in opposite order.

For now, I have shared albums with not so many photos and no idea what to do if I want to share albums with hundreds of photos... Manually adding photos one by one is not exactly how I prefer spending my time :)

Shared albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.