You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pairing iphone 12 to imac 2017

Have iPhone 12 and iMac 27" 2017. While in the music program cannot pair the iPhone & iMac. the devices are connected with UHS A/UHS B. The devices do pair while in Photo program. iMac paired with my prior iPhone 6.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 11:40 AM

Please try the directions in Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

BTW, I have asked the moderator to move this thread to the Big Sur forum.

10 replies

Oct 20, 2021 10:56 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Have large music library stored in the music program in iMac. With prior iPhone 6 was able to connect phone via cable to iMac. iPhone was immediately recognized by the computer music program. Could then add music to the library and/or remove music from my iPhone. With iPhone 12, when connected by lightning cable iMac the iPhone does not appear on the the device list. When correcting iPhone 12 to Photos the phone is recognized, and using that program is normal. What to do? ART

Oct 20, 2021 10:58 AM in response to Arthur Thompson

Have large music library stored in the music program in iMac. With prior iPhone 6 was able to connect phone via cable to iMac. iPhone was immediately recognized by the computer music program. Could then add music to the library and/or remove music from my iPhone. With iPhone 12, when connected by lightning cable iMac the iPhone does not appear on the the device list. When correcting iPhone 12 to Photos the phone is recognized, and using that program is normal. What to do? ART

Oct 20, 2021 11:09 AM in response to Arthur Thompson

You can still connect via the lightning cable, to get you the directions please let me know which version of Mac OS you have installed on your computer. If you are unsure, please click the Apple symbol in the upper left of the display and then click About this Mac and it will let you know.

Finally, please let me know the IOS version on your iPhone. You can find that in Settings - General - About

pairing iphone 12 to imac 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.