You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unsecured network" at Panera Bread

My company computer is a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) and I wanted to work from Panera Bread. When trying to connect to Panera's Wi-Fi network, I get a message that says it is an Unsecured Network and I cannot connect to it. The MBP is new and running macOS 11.6 (Big Sur). Is there a way to bypass this. It is a work MBP, so I do not have admin rights to make any network changes.

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 1:50 PM

"unsecured network" is a warning (ONLY) that means they do not require a password, and your transactions will be sent to their Router "in the clear". It should not prohibit you from making a connection, although your computer may have added software that requires a secure encrypted connection.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2021 1:50 PM in response to shimmy316

"unsecured network" is a warning (ONLY) that means they do not require a password, and your transactions will be sent to their Router "in the clear". It should not prohibit you from making a connection, although your computer may have added software that requires a secure encrypted connection.

"Unsecured network" at Panera Bread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.