You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant change default itunes media folder

hi, i recently download itunes from the microsoft store. im using a 240gb and i want to chage the default itunes media folder to another hhd and i do it but when i close itunes always back to default on C: drive.

im using apple music. maybe a bug related with that. i dont know.

i already reinstaled and basic things and still changing the itunes media folder to default.

thanks to read this.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:59 AM

There appears to a be a bug (in several recent builds) that prevents the media folder preference being correctly saved for some users. If you can arrange to have the library database at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl and the media folder at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Media then this bug should not be an issue.

See Make a split library portable - Apple Community for general background on converting the library into this portable shape.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:59 AM in response to DiegoFKCT

There appears to a be a bug (in several recent builds) that prevents the media folder preference being correctly saved for some users. If you can arrange to have the library database at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl and the media folder at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Media then this bug should not be an issue.

See Make a split library portable - Apple Community for general background on converting the library into this portable shape.

tt2

i cant change default itunes media folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.