You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped calls and audio failure on calls since updating to IOS 15.1

Ever since I updated my iphone 12 to IOs 15.1 I have started experiencing loss of audio on almost every call I make, a few minutes into every conversation. Also, equally often, I have experienced dropped calls. This is a huge issue for me, for obvious reasons, for I cannot carry on a conversation normally because of these constant interruptions.

Is this a known bug in IOS 15.1ans is there a solution to it?

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 11:27 PM

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2) If the above does not work then - Reset your network settings on your iPhone. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings: Note that once this action has been completed, then you will have to enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again.

Axel F.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2021 11:27 PM in response to ioana229

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2) If the above does not work then - Reset your network settings on your iPhone. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings: Note that once this action has been completed, then you will have to enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again.

Axel F.

Nov 7, 2021 11:16 PM in response to ioana229

ioana229 Said:

"Dropped calls and audio failure on calls since updating to IOS 15.1: Ever since I updated my iphone 12 to IOs 15.1 I have started experiencing loss of audio on almost every call I make, a few minutes into every conversation.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio Issues:

A. Phone Speaker:

Try the troubleshooting tips at this link:

Go Here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone —Apple Support

B. Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part. Seeing similar posts, this seems to be a common issue. Hence, most certainly a bug. So, inform Apple of this bug - Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Inform Apple: of how you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 17, 2021 1:51 PM in response to cpot22

”T-Mobile Tech went through all the trouble shooting tips including the ones that was answered by Apple and even pulled the SIM card and re-inserted.”

Yes cpot22 and so have i and problem still persists.

I also use my phone for business and as u have said, it is becoming, not a problem but a HUGE problem and starting to cause prejudice. As an old customer of Apple, not only iphone but all other devices i am very disappointed and upset with what has happened and lack of solution from them.

Apple you need to fix this!!!

Dropped calls and audio failure on calls since updating to IOS 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.