You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air login issues after update (2017)

How can I fix my MacBook air (2017)’s keyboard. My laptop updated overnight and now my laptop is stuck at the login screen and my keyboard is not working. I tried the “power & control r” and that isn’t working either. It wants me to connect to the internet, but without logging into the laptop, I can’t connect to the wifi. What can I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 7:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 7:28 PM

TamaraW222 Said:

"MacBook Air login issues after update (2017): How can I fix my MacBook air (2017)’s keyboard. My laptop updated overnight and now my laptop is stuck at the login screen and my keyboard is not working. I tried the “power & control r” and that isn’t working either. It wants me to connect to the internet, but without logging into the laptop, I can’t connect to the wifi. What can I do?"

-------

Use an External Keyboard:

Perform the same reset, but use an external keyboard. If you don't have a Bluetooth one you may have set up, then use a hardwired one. Connect it using this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2021 7:28 PM in response to TamaraW222

TamaraW222 Said:

"MacBook Air login issues after update (2017): How can I fix my MacBook air (2017)’s keyboard. My laptop updated overnight and now my laptop is stuck at the login screen and my keyboard is not working. I tried the “power & control r” and that isn’t working either. It wants me to connect to the internet, but without logging into the laptop, I can’t connect to the wifi. What can I do?"

-------

Use an External Keyboard:

Perform the same reset, but use an external keyboard. If you don't have a Bluetooth one you may have set up, then use a hardwired one. Connect it using this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

MacBook Air login issues after update (2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.