You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages deleted on iPad or MacBook not deleting from iPhone

I have the following three devices:

MacBook Pro 13" 2018, OS12.0.1

iPhone13 pro max, iOS 15.1

iPad Air 4th Gen iOS 15.1

On all three, I have signed into the same Apple ID, turned on iCloud messages, and Message forwarding is set up on the iPhone with both of the other two devices selected. I receive incoming messages on all three devices.

However, if I delete a message on the iPhone, it does NOT delete on the other two devices. Conversely, if I delete a message on the Mac or iPad, it will delete on the other, but will not delete from the iPhone.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• toggled off and back on iMessage on each device
  • toggled off then back on Messages iCloud settings
  • Reset settings on the iPhone and logged back into iCloud and set up message forwarding again
  • signed out and back into iCloud on the Mac and iPad
  • Restarted the iPad and iPhone

Im fresh out of new ideas.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 5:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 12:21 PM

Hello Mat Hill,

We understand that your messages are not updating as expected across your devices using Messages in iCloud. You've done some great steps to ensure everything is set up based on the following article: Use Messages in iCloud

So the concern looks specific to the iPhone based on what you've done so far. Are any other iCloud-based functions working with the iPhone, such as music or photo synchronization?

Thanks!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2021 12:21 PM in response to Mat Hill

Hello Mat Hill,

We understand that your messages are not updating as expected across your devices using Messages in iCloud. You've done some great steps to ensure everything is set up based on the following article: Use Messages in iCloud

So the concern looks specific to the iPhone based on what you've done so far. Are any other iCloud-based functions working with the iPhone, such as music or photo synchronization?

Thanks!

Messages deleted on iPad or MacBook not deleting from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.