You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting different parts of clip for multicam

I'm trying to create a multicam clip from 5 cameras plus sound. I used to be able to do this and now I can't (in v 10.6.1.) .The cameras produce files of different length so the clips do not quite cover the same time. I select the part of each clip that I want by simply highlighting with In and Out. I use the sound for synch, and that is a single track of 65 minutes, so I need to cut it.

How can I now select these areas in each clip to create a new multicam clip? I'm sure I just used to Command/left click each one in turn to build up a list.

Can't find any YouTube help as they all seem assume that I will use the whole of the clip, not part.

Any ideas?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 9:33 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 22, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for your response Tom.

Yes, I am up-and-running again. It's a complicated edit and I found the best way was to create an event titled, say, 'Multicam 3 selection,' then drag the selected clips into that whilst holding 'Alt', that then leaves the original where it was and just creates a copy. That means I now have a tidy collection of clips for the multicam. Yes, you must then change to List view it would appear, so that you can Cmd-click the selections that you want. Bingo!

Now I know my memory is going, but I am certain that I used cmd-click the selections in Film-strip view. This does NOT work now.... and that was where I panicked.

Regards.

Selecting different parts of clip for multicam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.