You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not working between LG webOS and MacBook Pro

Hello

I have a problem connecting my MacBook Pro with my LG tv via airplay. The connection has worked previously but lately it fails.

At first the Mac looks like it successfully managed to connect, the Mirroring icon appears in menu bar and I can choose to mirror or extend my display. But the picture on the TV remains black and after some time the connection is closed with an error on my MB "Could not connect to "[LG] webOS TV ..."

From Safari, I can trigger YouTube to airplay on my tv or Spotify.

I have another MacBook which successfully manages to mirror it's screen on my TV, also three other iPhones are capable of doing that.

From the MB which fails to airplay to my tv, I can still successfully mirror the screen to my other mac.

Both computer are running the lates OS (this problem occurred with previous OS version too).

TV is also updated.

I tried looking into MB's logs but didn't find anything useful (I didn't know what to look).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:12 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 26, 2021 8:57 AM in response to pepe43

Hello pepe43,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities!

We understand you're not able to use AirPlay to connect your Mac to your TV at certain times.

To help resolve any issues, you'll want to complete these steps: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

If the issue remains, use the link at the bottom of that Apple Support page to contact us.

We hope this helps get AirPlay working perfectly again.

Cheers!

Airplay not working between LG webOS and MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.