You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix safari in my iphone because of illegal

How to fix my safari in my iphone 12 pro max because of illegal

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 9:58 AM

That seems like one of the usual scam pop-ups, trying to get you to contact the scammers.

I’d first try forcing Safari closed: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support. Once the tab is closed, hold your finger on the Safari icon until you get a pop-up and use that pop-up to open a new tab. From that new tab and that new Safari session, you can access your browsing history and can clean out any sketchy URLs, and can also view all open tabs (the overlapped-squares icon in Safari) and can slide the problem tab to the left to remove it in the iPhone Safari tab view.

If that fails… Switch to the Settings app, select Safari, Advanced, and Remove All Website Data.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Chris_6xy

That seems like one of the usual scam pop-ups, trying to get you to contact the scammers.

I’d first try forcing Safari closed: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support. Once the tab is closed, hold your finger on the Safari icon until you get a pop-up and use that pop-up to open a new tab. From that new tab and that new Safari session, you can access your browsing history and can clean out any sketchy URLs, and can also view all open tabs (the overlapped-squares icon in Safari) and can slide the problem tab to the left to remove it in the iPhone Safari tab view.

If that fails… Switch to the Settings app, select Safari, Advanced, and Remove All Website Data.

How to fix safari in my iphone because of illegal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.