You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac-mini M1 > compatible with Samsung A800... monitor @ 3840x2160?

I've selected, but not yet bought, the "Samsung A800 Series 27" IPS LED 4k UHD Monitor with HDR" for my new (2021) "Mac-mini M1". This monitor has a maximum and native resolution of 3840x2160. Will the Mac-mini support this resolution, and if so, on which cable? Thank you.

Bill

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 8:06 AM

Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

state

6K resolution which is 6144 x 3160 pixels

their site says

27” S80UA UHD High Resolution Monitor with USB-C Monitors - LS27A800UJNXGO | Samsung US

it has hdmi and displayport and usb-c the later is a bit tricky because it's a connector for both thunderbolt and usb-3 and usb-4

I would proably first try an usb-c(thunderbolt to display port dongle) and if that gave problems an hdmi cable

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2021 8:06 AM in response to B038584

Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

state

6K resolution which is 6144 x 3160 pixels

their site says

27” S80UA UHD High Resolution Monitor with USB-C Monitors - LS27A800UJNXGO | Samsung US

it has hdmi and displayport and usb-c the later is a bit tricky because it's a connector for both thunderbolt and usb-3 and usb-4

I would proably first try an usb-c(thunderbolt to display port dongle) and if that gave problems an hdmi cable

Dec 6, 2021 7:09 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you, Rudegar. On your advice, I'll try one of the HDMI cables I have laying around, although that was not going to be my first choice. I like your suggestion re. the "USB-C to Display Port dongle", as long as the cost is reasonable. I bought a "USB-C to RJ45" dongle some months back at Best Buy, for a new Lenovo laptop purchased at Costco - cost $20 and works well. On that experience alone I acquired great confidence in USB-C........, but don't have any knowledge (yet) of Display Port.

Mac-mini M1 > compatible with Samsung A800... monitor @ 3840x2160?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.