You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What software update is being request when I am trying to connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro? I am currently running 10.12.06 and will not upgrade anymore as I will loose all of my graphic programs. My iPhone is running iOS 15.1, what am I to do?

What software update is being request when I am trying to connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro? I am currently running 10.12.06 and will not upgrade anymore as I will loose all of my graphic programs. My iPhone is running iOS 15.1, what am I to do?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:09 PM

Thee might be some sort of update Officially offered by Apple fro this computer to be able to understand the newest version of iOS on the iPhone / iPad.

It is totally legitimate update from Apple and not sure of it is offered via an iTunes update or for a component of iTunes .

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2021 2:09 PM in response to SonicSean

Thee might be some sort of update Officially offered by Apple fro this computer to be able to understand the newest version of iOS on the iPhone / iPad.

It is totally legitimate update from Apple and not sure of it is offered via an iTunes update or for a component of iTunes .

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.