You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you limit message notifications to only certain people?

I have Announce Notifications on when I'm wearing my AirPods. I'm wondering if I can limit the text announcements to only people in my contact list.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 2:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:38 PM

Hi, lauriefromcoloradosprings, and thanks for reaching out. We understand that you'd like to only have notifications from certain contacts announced. We'll be glad to assist.

We see you came from Announce notifications with Siri on AirPods or Beats.

This article doesn't mention being able to do what you're referring to specifically, so it may not be possible.

However, you may be able to try setting up a "Focus" with exceptions for the contacts you want to be able to contact you enabled. Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

That should cause only notifications from the specified contacts to come through to you while enabled.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 12:38 PM in response to lauriefromcolorado springs

Hi, lauriefromcoloradosprings, and thanks for reaching out. We understand that you'd like to only have notifications from certain contacts announced. We'll be glad to assist.

We see you came from Announce notifications with Siri on AirPods or Beats.

This article doesn't mention being able to do what you're referring to specifically, so it may not be possible.

However, you may be able to try setting up a "Focus" with exceptions for the contacts you want to be able to contact you enabled. Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

That should cause only notifications from the specified contacts to come through to you while enabled.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Can you limit message notifications to only certain people?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.