You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest version of Motion seems to not show a mask in layers.

I have version 5.6. Multiple masks that I am creating aren't appearing in the layer menu. I can only find them by right clicking on the object to which I applied them. However, I still can't access them with the right click button. Does anyone have a solution? My projects created by older versions still show the mask in the layer panel. Any new projects won't show them. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 6:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:43 PM

At the bottom right of the Layers List column, there are three small icons:

When selected, they're blue. Otherwise, unselected, they will turn off Masks, Behaviors and Filters in the Layers List (which can be convenient sometimes...)

Shown: Masks are turned off.

I'm not aware of a keyboard shortcut to control these visibilities, so you probably accidentally clicked on the Mask icon.

HTH

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2021 7:43 PM in response to pdtnyc

At the bottom right of the Layers List column, there are three small icons:

When selected, they're blue. Otherwise, unselected, they will turn off Masks, Behaviors and Filters in the Layers List (which can be convenient sometimes...)

Shown: Masks are turned off.

I'm not aware of a keyboard shortcut to control these visibilities, so you probably accidentally clicked on the Mask icon.

HTH

Latest version of Motion seems to not show a mask in layers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.