You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 in my new 2021 M1 computer?

I have Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 which I had been using on my old IMac until I recently replaced it with the 2021 M1. Can I use this Office programme on my new computer?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 1:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 1:19 PM

No. You will need a new license and new Office software for the M1 Mac. Microsoft has retired all versions of MS Office except the current subscription Microsoft 365 and the single-purchase perpetual licensed Office 2021 for Mac. If you opt for the subscription format, Microsoft has Microsoft 365 applications on the Mac App Store. These are incompatible with the single-purchase license.

Although Apple sells both of the Microsoft 365 licenses and the single-purchase perpetual licensed package at the online Apple store, if you decide on the latter, you may be able to get it for less money at Amazon.

All of your existing Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 documents remain usable with the new Microsoft Office applications.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 1:19 PM in response to Cornesy12

No. You will need a new license and new Office software for the M1 Mac. Microsoft has retired all versions of MS Office except the current subscription Microsoft 365 and the single-purchase perpetual licensed Office 2021 for Mac. If you opt for the subscription format, Microsoft has Microsoft 365 applications on the Mac App Store. These are incompatible with the single-purchase license.

Although Apple sells both of the Microsoft 365 licenses and the single-purchase perpetual licensed package at the online Apple store, if you decide on the latter, you may be able to get it for less money at Amazon.

All of your existing Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 documents remain usable with the new Microsoft Office applications.

Can I use Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 in my new 2021 M1 computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.