You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to delete the apps that came with my mac?

I'm trying to delete apps on my mac that I don't use, such as Mail, News, and Stocks. Is there a way to delete them? When I try to drag it to the trash, the trash can is grayed out telling me that I can't. I'm just hoping there is a way around that. Thank you!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:03 AM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2021 11:34 AM in response to reet22

OK, I'm confused. The image of my App Store is presented to show the files I can download and install if desired. They show up that way because I uninstalled them. I now use AppCleaner to uninstall but at that time I think I was using App Cleaner and Uninstaller from Nektony.

What's going on? These apps are not present in either Finder/Applications or the Launchpad. I uninstalled them simply because I don't use them and there was no need to have them clutter up my screen or Applications folder. Old "space cadet" habits are hard to break.

Is there a way to delete the apps that came with my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.