You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Friends Problen in MacOS 12

Jus loaded MacOS 12.0.1 and Find My Firends is not finding them. They are "found" on my IPhone and IPad. Advice, please

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 7:19 AM

Do you have location services turned on?

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click Privacy.
  2. Open the Privacy pane for me
  3. If the lock at the bottom left is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane.
  4. Click Location Services on the left.
  5. Select Enable Location Services, then select Find My in the list of apps.
  6. If you don’t see Find My, go to System Services in the list of apps, click Details, then select Find My Mac.

ALso

Set up Find My Mac

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID .
  2. Open Apple ID preferences for me
  3. If you don’t see Apple ID, click Sign In, then sign in with your Apple ID or click Create Apple ID (if you don’t already have one).
  4. Click iCloud in the sidebar.
  5. Select Find My Mac, then click Allow (if asked) to allow Find My Mac to use the location of your Mac.
  6. If a Details button is next to Find My Mac, make sure you turned on Location Services and Find My in Security & Privacy preferences.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2021 7:19 AM in response to Spedprof

Do you have location services turned on?

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click Privacy.
  2. Open the Privacy pane for me
  3. If the lock at the bottom left is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane.
  4. Click Location Services on the left.
  5. Select Enable Location Services, then select Find My in the list of apps.
  6. If you don’t see Find My, go to System Services in the list of apps, click Details, then select Find My Mac.

ALso

Set up Find My Mac

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID .
  2. Open Apple ID preferences for me
  3. If you don’t see Apple ID, click Sign In, then sign in with your Apple ID or click Create Apple ID (if you don’t already have one).
  4. Click iCloud in the sidebar.
  5. Select Find My Mac, then click Allow (if asked) to allow Find My Mac to use the location of your Mac.
  6. If a Details button is next to Find My Mac, make sure you turned on Location Services and Find My in Security & Privacy preferences.

Dec 9, 2021 7:37 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks, though not sure if fixed.. Everything was all turned on, but I did turn off and the on turn on (the old reboot). Only have two friends listed... did connect to one though has not updated as it usually does (now 10 minutes later) and not at all to the other. Searching wheel does spin as if it is looking. Will give it a few days to see if all fixed, though it usually worked and updated more quickly. Can an intermittent or sluggish problem be fixed?

Thanks again.

Find My Friends Problen in MacOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.