You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanned document does not appear in email

I am trying to scan a document into an email on my iPhone (IOS 15.1, iPhone SE), but it hardly ever works.

I have followed the isntructions at: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/add-attachments-iph8580f163b/ios

I start writing the email by adding addressees, the subject line and some text. Then I click on the scan document icon. The scanning app appears, the click sound is hear and the document appears to have scanned. I press Save. The email app reappears, but there is no scanned document in the email. Also any text I have added to the email is gone.

The only workaround I've found is to scan the document into a file or note, then attach that to the email.

I try to use this feature every two weeks to submit a timesheet but it is always a frustrating experience.

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 10:15 AM

HI,

Did a test here and it worked.

Skip step 1, I don't see the < sign above the keyboard..

3 replies

Scanned document does not appear in email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.