You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos upload issue

Hey everyone. I recently purchased iCloud+ in order to upload all my photos and free some space on my phone, but the upload doesn't appear to be making progress. I've deactivated and re-activated iCloud photos to see if it would kickstart, but it hasn't. I've left it plugged overnight connected to my WiFi and still stuck like this:

Does anyone have some advice?

Thanks!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:15 PM

In case anyone is having the same problem, it appeared to be a storage issue. My phone was almost full (which is why I purchased iCloud in the first place). I paused the upload and deleted all my apps except the absolutely necessary and re started the process.

3 replies

Dec 13, 2021 8:44 AM in response to lila173

Go to the Library view.

See the total items (pictures and videos) and the current status (uploading 4247, paused).

If you deactivate and reactivate the process will start over, so don't do that.

iCloud uploads are throttled to something like 1,000 in an hour, 10,000 in a day, and 25,000 in a month. If you exceed the limits, it will roll over again after the time limit has been reached. An initial upload of especially large albums may take days. Just leave the phone plugged in overnight as you normally would.

Dec 14, 2021 1:30 PM in response to muguy

Thanks for your reply. However, it's been several days since I purchased iCloud+ and when I log into iCloud from my computer there are no photos, which means the process is still at 0%. My library is not even that large, so it should be done in a day or two if the upload speed is the one you mention (10.000 a day)

iCloud photos upload issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.