You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iCloud

Hi. I connected to iCloud yesterday and i don’t know what’s wrong. I have too much photos and wanted to load them into iCloud but nothing changes. I have done everything correctly to the instructions on your official website but my photos just don’t load. I want to do it as fast as possible, because 33 Gb of photos is too much, and my phone in full. Need space to download one game :(

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 3:27 AM

If you are using iCloud Photos, you aren’t actually off loading the photos into iCloud. They take up space in iCloud and still take up space on your device. iCloud is not archival storage. It is a syncing service.

You can optimize photos to save space or you can archive photos to a computer and then remove them from your device to make more space available.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2020 3:27 AM in response to AnnaChao

If you are using iCloud Photos, you aren’t actually off loading the photos into iCloud. They take up space in iCloud and still take up space on your device. iCloud is not archival storage. It is a syncing service.

You can optimize photos to save space or you can archive photos to a computer and then remove them from your device to make more space available.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Problems with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.